Sheffield Eagles wish to update supporters and partners on both on and off field matters concerning the club in relation to Covid-19.
The Eagles participated in yesterday’s meeting held by the Rugby Football League and Betfred Championship and League 1 clubs.
The current situation is a difficult and worrying one for the club, the sport of rugby league and the country as a whole.
Despite this, positivity and unity that was shown is testament to our game and will be needed in the weeks and months to come.
In line with both Government and RFL advice there are a number of updates and changes at the club:
• The Club Office will be closed from Thursday 19 March onwards.
• The club’s phone (0114 398 1998) and email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be live during regular opening hours, Monday to Friday - 10am to 4pm.
• Club Training has been postponed for the remainder of this week with training venues now closed. The club will take a sensible and pragmatic approach to restarting training when possible
• Online ticket will remain available for purchase. All tickets, including coach travel purchased for postponed matches including potential further postponements will remain valid. These will be honoured for fixtures once they have been re-arranged.
• Online merchandise will remain available for purchase. Please note this will be for postage only, please do not select collection as an option when purchasing.
Chairman Chris Noble MBE added, “We’d like to place on record our thanks to the RFL for their continued dialogue and support in what is a quickly moving and changing situation.
“Whilst these are uncertain times for the club and the sport our first aim is to ensure the safety and welfare of players, staff and their families along with our supporters and partners.
“We are positive that everyone appreciates we are in uncharted territory and thank all associated with the club for their patience and understanding during these times.
“The club understand that issues will not be faced by just the sport of rugby league but the country as a whole. However any help and support that can be given during the upcoming weeks and months would be most welcome.”
Sheffield Eagles will continue dialogue with further updates as and when necessary.
Please continue to follow advice from the Government & NHS and keep safe.