Isolation Picks - By Captain Matt James
Hope you are all well and following the Government’s advice and keeping safe!
To help keep some of the boredom at bay during these unprecedented (just wanted to say that word) times, I’ve been asked to put together my top three films, tv series and books (LOL) and to some tracks to help build an ‘Isolation Playlist’.
So here are my choices – all views are my own and the Eagles do not take any credit for the following reviews and recommendations:
1. Castaway – Tom Hanks, he’s now survived isolation twice, a great actor who has already batted off this virus as if it were an attempted tackle by Scott Wheeldon. Who better to get you through these tough times? 7/10
2. Gangs of New York – Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Stephen Graham, Cameron Diaz plus many more. Two of the best actors to walk this great green earth in DDL and LDC go head to head in a battle for power over ‘five points, a must watch film! 9/10
3. Braveheart – The greatest film ever made, no other reason than that for it to be on this list. 10/10
1. Game of Thrones – Hours and hours of nothing but cinematic and storyline genius…Well, apart from season eight of course! I would probably recommend watching everything up until season seven if only to spare yourself the pain and anguish season eight caused people all over the world! Why rush it? The Golden Company? The Starbucks Incident? THAT scene with the Night King – I haven’t seen such an unbelievable scene since Patrick Swayze ripped out a man’s throat with his bare hands in Roadhouse! Anyway, give it a way, amazing. 9/10
2. The Office (UK version) – Absolute ‘bantz’ from start to finish, will give you some belly laughs during the next few weeks. I’ll need some as I’m isolated with Greg Burns who is just not a funny person at all so I’ll be binge watching again to keep my spirits up. 9.5/10
3. Black Mirror – Some have said we are living in an episode of Black Mirror. Some great episodes that will boggle your mind and probably leaving you saying ‘WTF’ (clean version) quite a few times. Just like when I open the cutlery drawer in the kitchen and Greg has put a spoon in the fork try, again… 7/10
1. Jordan Sparks - One Step at a Time
2. Journey - Don’t Stop Believing
3. Louis Armstrong – What a Wonderful World
4. Depeche Mode – Enjoy the Silence
5. Bob Marley – Three Little Birds
The squad and backroom staff over the next few days and weeks will add to this – let us know what you watch or listen to!
Hope to see you all on the other side of these testing times and again, stay safe and look after each other.