1st November 2018, 08:37
Job Advert: Physiotherapist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a physiotherapist to join the medical team at Sheffield Eagles.
This is a part time post & you will join a Performance Department that includes sports medicine doctor, current head physiotherapist, sports rehabilitation therapists, nutrition and S&C staff.
This coming season games will be either Friday or Sunday with training either two or three times a week depending on game day. Some international travel (France & Cananda) may be required.
Duties will be shared with current head physiotherapist. You will need to have passed the rugby league IMMOFP pitch side trauma course or equivalent to enter the field of play, this will be arranged via the club if required.
Duties will include but not limited to
- Match day & training pitch side cover (can be shared with other staff)
- Assessment, acute management and rehabilitation of injured players
- Communicate & liaise with S&C and coaching staff regarding injury status and rehabilitation progress.
- Facilitate & monitor return to training and return to play in conjunction with S&C and coaching staff.
- Screening and injury reduction programmes
- Concussion management
- Be involved in all aspects of player welfare
- Maintain and promote high professional standards of discipline, respect and behaviour of all staff and players
- Keep appropriate records in line with medico-legal requirements and to facilitate good communication
- Ensure mandatory medical equipment is maintained and up to date
You will have the support of the current Head Physiotherapist who has extensive experience in Rugby League and a member of the IMMOFP faculty (RL pre hospital trauma course) and will also be available for mentoring and CPD.
Remuneration will be negotiated with respect to experience and level of workload undertaken.
- CSP member and HCPC registered
- Confident working both alone and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Level 5 pitch side trauma course (IMMOFP or e.g. RFU/FA equivalent)
- Experience working in sport
- Post Graduate qualification in sports injury management
If you are interested in this post please send a copy of your C.V. and a short covering letter in support of your application to